Giving up is always available to you. It never goes away. Giving up on your dreams, hopes, and even yourself is one of the easiest things to do. Make the decision to intentionally eliminate giving up as an option. Don’t give up on yourself and don’t give up on accomplishing your goals and what you want to experience during your lifetime.
Below are five things you can do to never give up on yourself:
- Establish a personal relationship with God. It’s my belief that one needs to have a reliable source to have faith, trust, and depend on for truth, honesty, knowledge, understanding, clarity, and direction. Whatever this source is for you, know that it or your higher power will provide you with the inner strength, support, and awareness to help you to never give up on yourself.
- Affirm your self-worth. Maintain a positive mindset about yourself. Reinforce the fact that you have the right and deserve to experience one or more things in life. Give yourself permission to pursue what you want to experience.
- Believe in yourself (Self Affirmations). Work on eliminating self-doubt and negativity associated with your ever-present option to give up. Minimize or eliminate feelings or thoughts that support giving up as an option. Make what you want to experience a top priority and not a look back. Acknowledge your worth and significance as a human being who has the right to work to achieve specific goals in life. Promote yourself. Support yourself. Commit to never giving up.
- Eliminate giving up as an option. Fill your mind with positive and proactive thoughts. Feel good about your journey and what you want to experience. Create some ground rules or principles that will give you a foundation to help guide and support you in achieving your mission or goals. Create self affirmations.
- Keep moving forward. Know whatever you want to experience is in the now or waiting for your arrival, which is the future. Initiate actions that will move you forward or closer towards what you want to experience. Decide and know what you need and want to experience in life. The journey is well worth what you want to accomplish.
Put these five recommendations into action and appreciate your journey towards personal fulfillment. SOAR!
-Derius D. Swinton, M.S.W.
The SOAR Group
Photo by Filipe de Rodrigues on Unsplash